Would you recoomend this project?
OVATION Prime is a seasonal model of the diffuse, monoenergetic, proton, and wave aurora.
The OVATION Prime model is written in IDL and was developed at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU-APL) by Patrick Newell and co-workers. This current version includes updates to the retrospective and real time components, several efficiency enhancements and a user configuration as implemented by Rob Redmon and Janet Machol of NOAA. Documentation in the downloadable zip file includes a model description and instructions for running the software. This is a community model. Users are invited to provide and suggest improvements and augmentations.
A web interface for running the model for historical periods is available here:
Realtime versions are running here:
You can download file releases of OVATION Prime project from List of release files
System RequirementsOperating System: MacOSX, Linux, Windows 7, Windows XP
List of release files
- Development Status: 5 - Production/Stable, 5 - Production/Stable
- Intended Audience: Advanced End Users, Aerospace, Aerospace, Science/Research, Science/Research
- Operating System: MacOSX, MacOSX, Linux, Linux, Windows 7, Windows XP
- Programming Language: IDL, IDL, IDL
- Topic: Earth Sciences, Earth Sciences, Earth Sciences, Visualization, Visualization, SourceForge.net
- User Interface: No Input/Output (Daemon), No Input/Output (Daemon)